Donatello is voiced by Sam Riegel in this incarnation for the 2003 TV series . Known as "Don", he is the smartest and most technologically-adept Turtle. His personality is still the traditional techno turtle like most incarnations but unlike most of the Donatello incarnations, he is the most passive and is rarely aggressive. His trademark Bō staff was once again his primary weapon, but he has used other weapons such as laser guns and those of his brothers.
Why He Rocks
- Along with his brother's, he's very diverse of a character as we Donatello portrayed as the most intelligent turtle of the bunch.
- He’s the most intelligent of the Turtles and the one that uses brain smarts the most. He has a huge love for technology as shown in the Season 4 episode, Dragon's Rising, he has a huge love for technology and even states that he dreams and adores it.
- Similar to his 2012 counterpart,he has an awesome companionship with April O’Neil. Throughout the series, we truly see that out of the 4, Donatello is the one who cares for April the most.
- He’s very smart, stealth and good-hearted.
- Alongside his brother, his fights (whether it be with the Foot Clan, Shredder or any other villain) are nothing short of awesome.
- He has awesome skills at using staff-like weapons.
- He's kind, friendly, helpful, intelligent and persistent of a character.
- This adaptation shows he has great technology smarts. Similar to WIR #1 stated, Donatello truly adores technology.
- He’s also an inventor that is able to develop multiple advanced devices such as
- He is the only turtle to barely get angry at times and alongside Leonardo and He is one of the most mature cartoon characters in general. Unlike Raphael and Leonardo (To some extent), he never seems to lose his temper and is the only turtle, even when he's annoyed, never seems to lose his temper immediatley.
- He has a great relationship with all the turtles and humans that he ever meets.
- His voice actor, Sam Riegel, does a great job voicing the character and brings him to life.
- Along with his brother's, he was at his best in Enter the Dragons and Turtles Forever as he sacrifices himself in order to keep the world safe and never gives up.
The Only Bad Quality
- While not to notable and he was still likable, he was flanderized in Season 7 as he became a huge bossy and cared only for his job than his friends. Thankfully, his likability still lived inside of him and he nowhere near badly flanderized, unlike other Cartoon Characters.