Diego is one of the three main protagonists of the Ice Age franchise. He's voiced by Denis Leary.
Why He Rocks
- He is very mature and usually serious unlike the rest of the herd.
- Despite starting off as an antagonist earlier, he was very thankful for Manny saving his life from falling into lava on the first film and has a change of heart and had respect for Manny.
- When Soto tries to attack Manny near the end of the first film, Diego sacrifices himself by getting injured by Soto in order to save Manny's life.
- He is also one of the most intelligent members out of all the herd.
- Despite being the more serious members of the herd, he can have a fun loving personality every now and then.
- Denis Leary did a great job voicing him.
- His design is very cool for a Saber-Toothed Tiger.
- He can give us funny moments such as "Move Sloth!" and the "Where's the Baby?" bit.
- He gave us the "Who's Up for Round Two?" meme from the first film.
- While he got flanderized in the 4th and 5th films, he still remains likable and is the least flanderized of the main cast.
- He started off as a bad guy working for his pack in order to eat the baby on the first film, before he redeemed himself.
- He can be temperamental at times.
- He, along with Manny, Sid, Crash and Eddie and Scrat have received some flanderization on the fourth and fifth films where he became much blander and kind of pointless, though not as bad as with Manny and Sid's flanderization where they became much more dumber and grosser than with Diego.