Daxter is the deuteragonist of Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, (2001), Jak II, (2003), Jak 3, (2004), Jak X: Combat Racing, (2007), Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier, (2010), and the main protagonist of Daxter, (2008). He was a human who was transformed into an Ottsle in the first game, and remained that way for the rest of the series, and is Jak's lifelong best friend.
Why He Rocks
- Daxter is the comedic center of the entire franchise. Other characters, like Jak and Samos, are funny in their own right, but none as much as Daxter.
- Daxter has shown flirting with many women in the series, such as Kiera, Asheline, and Taryn, but they finally gave him a true love interest in Jak 2 in the form of Tess.
- His undying friendship with Jak is really heartwarming. It's set in stone perfectly towards the end of Jak 3, when he is willing to go deep into the catacombs to help Jak get revenge, which is kind of out of character for him, but still makes sense at the same time, and is great characterization and character development.
- Daxter is one of the few gaming sidekicks to get his own game that was actually really good, Daxter on the PSP.
- Outstanding voice acting by Max Casella.
- Max Casella's best performance has to be in Jak II, when Daxter reads the racing contract really fast, and the entire thing was completely improvised by the amazing voice actor.
- Even though Dark Daxter was a bad idea, Richard McGonagle still voiced that version of the character decently in The Lost Frontier.
- He's one of the most important characters in the entire franchise, and is never sidelined, unlike Samos and Kiera.
- In Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and Jak 3 he often has humorously cynicl quotes when Jak dies, and they're always amazing.
- Despite acting selfish sometimes, he is still likeable, and genuinely cares about those around him, especially Jak.
- Towards the end of Jak 3, it's revealed that Daxter being exposed to Dark Eco turned him into a Precursor and blessed him, when he thought that it cursed him.
- At the end of Jak 3, the Precursors give Daxter pants, which pays off somethign that was built up ever since Jak II, and subverts the players expectations that he would want to become human again.
- While Daxter is the comedic enter of the franchise, he can still be kind of annoying at times.
- His humor levels go through the ground in The Lost Frontier.
- Dark Daxter in The Lost Frontier. Nuff said.
- They took out his death quotes in Jak II for some reason.
- Hey Jak, can I, uh... have your insect collection?
- While you're down there... could you rub my feet?
- I'll say something teary at the funeral, like HOW AM I GONNA GET CHANGED BACK NOW?!
- Step one: stay alive. Step two: THINK-ABOUT-NOT-DOING-SOMETHING-LIKE-THAT-AGAIN!
- Don't step into the light, Jak! DON'T STEP INTO THE LIGHT!
- Well, uh...better you than me.
- Say good night, Jak!
- This is what happens when they drop my name from the title!
- You did that on purpose, right?
- Where are the moves, man? I'm wondering, where ARE they?
- Maybe you should sit on my shoulder for a while.
- I was right behind ya, Jak! Really, I was.
- Hey, Jak. Old Green Stuff told us not to come here.
- What are we doing here anyways, Jak? This place gives me the creeps!
- Stupid precursor junk! Yik, what is that dark ooze, it sure don't look friendly!
- Ya know, the Sage yaps on about the Precursors that built this place all the time! Where did they go, why did they build this crap! Now i like Precursor Orbs and Power Cells as much as the next guy, but if ya ask me they must have been real loosers!
- Have you tried attacking him with your melodrama? Cause it's killing me!
- Don't worry, I'll avenge you! Not...!
- Heimlich! Stretcher! Yuck! Breath mint?
- That looks like it hurt! Should I call for backup?