Dr. David Huxley is the main protagonist of the 1938 screwball comedy film, Bringing Up Baby. He's a hard-working, but bumbling paleontologist who works in a history museum and ends up crossing with Susan, having to go along with her.
He was portrayed by Cary Grant.
Why He Rocks
- Cary Grant does a surprising great job play the mild-mannered, dorky scientist. Also it's a drastic change from his usual roles as cool and charming guys.
- He's a hard-working and successful paleontologist, despite all of his bumbling moments.
- He suggested to being pretty strong despite staying indoors most of the time. As he had wrestled a young leopard off-screen.
- He's got hilarious running gags going around him, such as the Mr. Peabody gang where he's constantly being pulled away from him.
- He shares great chemistry with Susan Vance, even though he initially wanted nothing to do with her.
- "I just went GAY all of a sudden!"