Crash Bandicoot is the titular character and main protagonist of the Crash Bandicoot series. Originally planned to be named Willie the Wombat, he is an Eastern Barred Bandicoot living on N. Sanity Island, who was captured and evolved by Doctor Neo Cortex.
Why He Rocks
- Naughty Dog once referenced the development of Crash as a character both "goofy yet heroic", and being able to portray it very well.
- He can spin into place, creating a tornado, which helps him fight against enemies that can kill him in one shot.
- He always finds a way to defeat bosses, no matter how ridiculous or powerful.
- His iconic dance which he does after completing every level.
- He has saved the world multiple times from numerous maniacal villains like Doctor Neo Cortex, his creator.
- He is a very emotional character who is quick to laugh and quick to cry.
- While he has a danger-loving, fearless nature and loves a good fight, he prefers relaxing in the sun and rarely seeks out trouble deliberately.
- He genuinely cares about his little sister Coco, and will stop at nothing if the bad guys threaten her or her life.
- Crash's personality is hard to pinpoint, sometimes varying from game to game.
- He was flanderized in Crash Tag Team Racing, where he is portrayed as demented in and took pleasure in torturing innocent animals, park drones, and even himself (it should be noted that the game is criticized for its over-caricaturistic or even complete change in character personalities).