Count Dracula is one of the classic movie monsters created by Universal Pictures between the 1930's and 1950's, and arguably the most famous of them. He's an iconic character, who has been imitated countless times over the decades.
Why He Rocks
- Amazingly creepy design, from his pale skin, to his long, black cape.
- Incredibly creepy, sleezy voice that Bela Lugosi was able to give to him.
- So many of Dracula's traits have become iconic and been imitated for decades to come, from the tone of his voice, to his mannerisms.
- Some awesome lines of dialogue that are infinitely memorable, and instantly quotable.
- Dracula's incredibly likable on the surface, capable of effortlessly blending in with society and charming those around him, so they'll never suspect him as the culprit.
- That hypnotic stare...
- Bela Lugosi had no direct sequel to his original 1931 movie, except for Dracula's Daughter, which he doesn't actually appear in at all.
- The Dracula in all of the other movies is not played by Bela Lugosi, except for Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.
- I am...Dracula.
- Listen to them, children of the night, what music they make.
- This is very old wine. I hope you will like it.
- I never drink...wine.
- For one who has not lived even a single lifetime, you're a wise man, Van Helsing.
- To be dead, to be "really" dead, that must be glorious!
- There are far worse things awaiting man than death.
- I bid you welcome.
- The spider spinning his web for the unwary fly. The blood is the life, Mr. Renfield.
- Doctor Seward. My humble apology. I dislike mirrors.
- You are too late. My blood now flows through her veins. She will live through the centuries to come, as I have lived.
- If she dies by day. But I will see that she dies by night.
- Come here.
- Your will is strong, Van Helsing.
- More Wolfsbane?
- Dracula (1931)
- Dracula's Daughter (1936) (deceased body only)
- House of Frankenstein (1944)
- House of Dracula (1945)
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.