(465th Page on this Wikia!)
Cosmo Brown is a supporting protagonist in the 1952 musical film Singin' in the Rain. He's a studio musician for Monumental Pictures, and Don Lockwood's childhood friend.
He was portrayed by Donald O'Connor.
Why He Rocks
- Donald O'Connor does a great performance as his character.
- He's been incredibly friendly and loyal to Don Lockwood, since their childhood.
- He has a crazy and wild sense of humor as shown in his music numbers, especially Make 'Em Laugh.
- Aside from being a goofball, he's also aware of the effects Hollywood glamour is having on some of its stars, and loves to make snarky comments on certain events.
- He's very smart and resourceful as shown when he was managed to take the disastrous showing of The Dueling Cavalier and find several ways of getting the movie the work. Being this helpful solidified his role in the film, and cements him as a three-dimensional character.
- Said changes including turning the film into a musical, trimming some of the bad scenes, adding some new ones, hiring Kathy to say Lina's lines while Lina lip-synched them, and inventing lip-synching.
- He shown to be more patient and warming than the most of the other characters, as knows that he isn't as famous or well-known than his close friend Don, but he doesn't care and his just glad he gets to work with Don.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.