Chun-Li (春麗 or チュンリー Shunrei or Chunrī?, Simplified Chinese: 春丽) is a video game character from the Street Fighter series, originally debuting in Street Fighter II. The first female fighter in the series, she is an expert martial artist and Interpol officer who relentlessly seeks revenge for the death of her father at the hands of M. Bison.
Why She Rocks
- She is one of the best female characters, not only of the Street Fighter franchise, but in all of videogame history.
- She is a spirited woman who never gives up on fighting.
- She is prepared for even the hardest of problems, even if the challenge damages her mind, body, and spirit.
- She is resourceful and dedicated officer of the law with a strong sense of justice that rivals that of her father, as she strongly believes in protecting the innocent and saving the lives of others.
- She is a highly disciplined, seasoned, and courageous woman, and is often the voice of reason.
- As an official of Interpol, she takes her work as a cop with pride (showing pride at what she does when she saves another), outside of her duty as a cop, she has an elegant, sweet, and feminine personality.
- She has shown great resilience and determination in pursuing intense crime organizations, such as Shadaloo.
- She can be way too prideful and believing more in her abilities than a thought out strategy.