"...I really like it when you laugh, Kaguya."
—Fujiwara to Kaguya, chapter 27Chika Fujiwara (Japanese: 藤原 千花ふじわら ちか, Fujiwara Chika) is one of the main characters of the Kaguya-sama: Love Is War series, though the anime adaptation is what brought her popularity. She is a student at Shuchi'in senior high school and the secretary of the student council in the academy.
Why She Rocks
- She is a tirelessly bubbly and eccentric girl who almost always has a smile on her face.
- Always looking to have fun with her fellow student council members, she is often the one to come up with strange activities and ideas that entertain herself and the others.
- Fujiwara is mostly oblivious to the atmosphere of the room, resulting in her being an unpredictable element that ruins many of Kaguya Shinomiya's and Miyuki Shirogane's schemes to make the other confess.
- Despite her attitude and antics, Fujiwara is actually quite talented in a variety of areas, being an accomplished pianist while also speaking five whole different languages.
- Fujiwara is obsessed with anything that has to with love, professing herself as a “love detective” and giving relationship advice to others despite having never had a boyfriend before.
- One highlight of her infectious wholesomeness, has her teach a fellow male student how to play volleyball, sing their school anthem, dance Soran Bushi and rap, with great success. She even claims to 'raising' that boy.
- Because of her lax attitude and childish antics, many of the council members seem to view her as simple-minded, especially Kaguya.
- She can be quite devious and underhanded, often attempting to cheat in a lot of the games she comes up with, though she is thankfully exposed every time.
- She is fond of German analog games, puzzles and various other subcultures far removed from what one would consider mainstream.
- Fujiwara is the middle child of a family of politicians. Her great grandfather was once the prime minister, and her uncle is the current minister of the right, making her lineage one of extreme prestige.
- Her name Chika means "thousand" (千) and "flower" (花) (ka), while her surname Fujiwara means "wisteria" (藤) (fuji) and "field" (原) (wara).
- This means her name is literally "flower field" or "field of flowers".
- Chika has multiple ribbons and names each and every one of them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.