Charlie Brown (called Chuck by Peppermint Patty and sometimes referred to as Charles by Marcie) is a major character in the Peanuts comic strip by Charles M. Schulz.
Why He Rocks
- He can be quite relatable for anyone who’s going through some anxiety, is slightly awkward or struggling in life.
- Even though he seems almost always moody and cynical, there are times where he enjoys being around his friends, pet and younger sister, Sally.
- He’s a great companion/owner to Snoopy.
- He has many memorable moments of dialogue, like his iconic “Aaaaaaugh” bit.
- Him, along with Garfield and Archie, is one of the most popular cartoon characters that originated from a comic.
- His design is well-drawn.
- He has many moments through the series that come off as hilarious, like when he gets by baseball or whenever he tries to run and kick the football but Lucy keeps tricking him and moving it out his kick causing him to fly and fall to the ground.
- Many of the voice actors throughout the years do a great job at providing his voice, most notably Peter Robbins in the original movies from the 1960s and Noah Schnapp in The Peanuts Movie.
- He has some good chemistry with his family and friends alike.
- He remains positive despite being treated unfairly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.