"I can do this all day." ~ Steve in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Captain America (AKA Steve Rogers) is the deuteragonist in the Marvel Comics franchise. He is also the main protagonist of his three titular films, one of the protagonists of the four Avengers films, and was a WWII veteran who was revived in the present day. He is portrayed by Chris Evans.
Why He Rocks
- Captain America is a good example of a symbol of justice.
- A soldier who fought in WWII and being revived in the present is a very interesting concept.
- He uses his shield not just to block, but also as a weapon as a projectile.
- Captain America is one of the original six Avengers (The others being Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye).
- Chris Evans portrays him incredibly well.
- His famous friendships with Falcon/Sam Wilson and Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff.
- He is the yin to Iron Man's yang; Steve's famous rivalry with Tony.
- His Vibranium Shield is very iconic; especially in comics.
- He got flanderized in the comics (All-New, All-Different Marvel) after becoming the new "Chief of Civilian Oversight for S.H.I.E.L.D".
- Steve sometimes thinks what's right, yet he sometimes does something wrong (Most notably in Captain America: Civil War).
- He did a lot of crimes in Civil War: 1 he refused to sign the accords and refused to be reasonable, 2 he tried to kill other Avengers, 3 he tried to kill Tony.