Bomb is a doer. While other people get tied up with theories and rules, he's out there getting things done. Sociable and exciting, he loves being the center of attention and entertaining people with his antics.
-Bomb's description in Angry Birds Birdsonality
Bomb is the tritagonist of the Angry Birds franchise. He's a gentle, but literally explosive bird and a big friend of Red, Chuck and Matilda.
Why He's The Bomb
- Despite his bomb-like appearance, he's pretty gentle.
- He is very sincere and genuine in his actions and is willing to put himself in conflict or danger to help out the other birds in his flock.
- He is an avid fighter who loves being a destructive part of battles.
- He's aware of how his explosiveness is a nuisance to himself and others around him, which is why he tries to do something about it, as seen in the movie.
- His love for ice cream (something often depicted in Angry Birds Toons) is quite funny for how fitting it would be for a hot-headed guy like him.
- He's one of the strongest birds in the games, along with Matilda and Terence.
- His Shockwave ability introduced in the Short Fuse update is really cool and useful against stone blocks.
- In Angry Birds Toons, he can ignite his fuse feather before exploding which is a lit detail (no pun intended).
- His Obi-Wan attire in Angry Birds Star Wars looks sick.
- Like the rest of the flock, Bomb loves and devotes himself to the other members of the flock, who take care of his unpredictable behavior.
The Only Bad Qualities
- He's very sensitive and reacts explosively (quite literally) when his emotions are heavy, or when he is physically handled roughly.
- He was as badly flanderized as his friends in the season 2 of Angry Birds Toons, becoming a boring loon with no personality and eats ice cream for no reason.
- Bomb is the first bird not to have a corpse sprite.
- Originally, Bomb had a white spot on his head. The spot has been removed on most artwork. Early versions of the plush toy included it but it was removed later.
- Bomb is the only bird that does not display a tail. This has since changed in some instances, such as the movie.
- Bomb is accidentally called "Bob" in the Angry Birds Space comic, a typo made by Rovio.
- Before it was confirmed that it was a typo, some fans were convinced that it was his official name, as most of the birds' names weren't as widely used or confirmed.
- In the Google+ "Teamwork" level selection menu, pictures of Angry Birds Trilogy, and in some (but not many) instances, two gray dots are added below Bomb's left eye.
- It is revealed by Professor Pig in the Angry Birds Comic "Bomb's Hiccups" that Bomb explodes when the things he eats get converted into energy and is blasted around him. Hence, not affecting him.