Princess Bloom is the Fairy of the Dragon Flame. She is Prince Sky's fiancée and the second princess of Domino and its Guardian Fairy. She is one of the founding members of the Winx Club, where she is recognized as the leader of their group, which also signifies her status as the main character of the Winx Club series as a whole. She is also an alumna of the Alfea College for Fairies as of The Secret of the Lost Kingdom.
Winx Club She is Prince
- In Season 1, Bloom's civilian outfit consists of a teal, sleeveless cropped sweatshirt with dark, blue trim and pale, yellow short-sleeve shirt underneath with blue slightly flared jeans that have stars on the bottom of the legs. Her shoes are yellow wedge-sandals with straps over the instep.
- In Season 2 - Season 3, Bloom's civilian outfit consists of a blue and white striped midriff top with small pink hearts and a ruffly denim skirt. She also wears a pink arm-band on her left arm and over-the-knee blue socks. Her shoes are dark blue platform boots with white tips and pink lace.
- In Season 4, Bloom's hair is now knee-length with her bangs uneven to the right. She wears a pink ruffle sleeve top with white, soft pink, and blue polka-dots, yellow trim, and a blue heart emblem with a blue puffy skirt and a gold belt with a pink and white polka-dot bow. Her shoes are heels(same as the top) with a yellow toe ribbon and a blue ankle cover. She also wears pink bangle bracelets.
- In Season 5, Bloom wears a pink top with blue hearts in the right corner and a strap on her left shoulder, off-the-shoulder sleeve on her right arm, and a blue bow on the strap. She also sports a light blue sleeveless midriff top with pink buttons over the pink top and a blue ruffled mini-skirt. She accessorizes with two blue beaded necklaces, two blue bangles, and pink over-the-knee socks. Her shoes are light blue high-heeled boots with blue heels and blue ribbons wrapped around her leg and tying on the back her hamstring. Her hair is knee-length and her bangs are parted mostly to the right and cheek length, but the other side is pulled behind her ear with a short piece hanging down and is decorated with a light blue barrette on the right side of her head.
- In Season 6, Bloom wears a pale blue collared-top under a light pink sweater with black buttons and accents, also there is a hot pink bow near the collar of the under-shirt. She also wears a light grey mini-skirt with thin, pale pink plaid designs and light pink tights with grey diamonds. Her shoes are dark grey heels with pale blue socks that has hot pink lining. Her hair is in a braid with a pink hair-bow tying it at the top and a pink bow on the bottom, also her bangs are in front and spread out around her forehead.
- In Season 7, she wears a pink shirt with blue and pink stripes under a blue top with a pink skirt above her knees and blue socks. She wears blue colored socks and pink and white colored shoes on high heels. Her hair is long, arranged in a ponytail similar to her Sirenix transformation with a pale pink ribbon with blue and pink stripes similar to her blouse.
- In Season 8, Bloom's hair is worn down (just like her original form from Season 1-4), but her bangs are much more side-swept and curly to the right side. She wears a multi-layer dress similar to her Enchantix, but in shades and layers of pale blue and white. There are several ruffles at the end of each layer, embroidery decorations throughout the dress and two small brown bows at the end of the penultimate layer. She wears a blue coat over her dress and blue leggings similar to her Sirenix and Bloomix with a pale blue flower pattern. She wears brown country-style boots at the calf with various ruffle decorations. She wears a bracelet on her left wrist and a necklace with a pendant in the shape of a pink heart.
Bloom started off as an insecure girl at the beginning of the series because of her ignorance of her true origins and her strange, yet surprisingly potent powers. Later on, as she learned more about magic and herself, she grew increasingly curious about her past and whom her biological parents are. An escapist by nature, she has a tendency to run away when things get too hard or confusing for her, and can also be impatient and stubborn, with a short temper. Bloom was also impulsive at times, which led to some very bad experiences for both her and her friends. Her greatest strength and greatest weakness was her status as the guardian of the Dragon's Flame. While the Dragon Flame made her arguably the most powerful fairy in the Magic Dimension, it also consistently drew numerous enemies to her such as the Trix, Darkar, Valtor, and the Ancestral Witches. Despite her flaws, Bloom still has a heart of gold. She cares for all of her friends, allies, and families (both adopted and biological) deeply, and is always willing to help and fight for a good cause. She has shown herself to be selfless, caring, brave and a true capable leader. Bloom is tough when needed to be and always lends a helping hand to people in need.
When she was still a baby, her kingdom was attacked by the Ancestral Witches, Valtor, and Mandragora who destroyed Domino by turning it into a frozen abandoned planet. Daphne sent her sister to Earth to protect her as well as the Dragon Flame.
On Earth, Bloom appeared in a building that her adoptive father, Mike, a firefighter, was dousing. Mike rescued Bloom and he and his wife Vanessa, a florist, eventually adopted her. Since she was only a baby at the time of those events, Bloom grew up to have an uneventful childhood with no recollection of her true origins. Bloom used to play in the Forest of Flowers together with Selina, who became her best friend in Gardenia. In her youth, she received a gift, her pet rabbit, Kiko, and met her nemesis, Mitzi. She also dated a boy named Andy.
Bloom, as Fairy of the Dragon Flame, has fire-based powers. Bloom's spells can manifest in the form of fire dragons, fireballs, fire beams, firestorms, and explosions of varying intensities. She also has displayed fire-based offensive spells such as firewalls and flame shields. Bloom can spontaneously generate and manipulate heat. While at the beginning of the series she mainly uses her powers to bombard her opponents with fireballs in varying intensity and size, she soon learns to ignite large wildfires and control dangerous infernos by thought. Other related abilities are throwing blasts of heat energy, using fire as shields and force fields, causing objects to become soft and melt, and using fire to fly. She can summon the essence of the Great Dragon or a fire dragon to damage her target. Bloom also knows some basic, first-level spells that all fairies can use, such as telekinesis, transmuting objects, and fixing minor messes. The intensity and strength of Bloom's magic is proportional to her emotional state. Her powers are at their strongest when she gets angry as shown in "A Magix Christmas" where she summoned a fire dragon after the Trix ruined her Christmas celebration. In the most intense situations, she can unleash huge bursts of energy that can de-transform her allies and herself and even damage advanced maсhinery as shown in "Betrayed!" and "Bloom Tested". Various aspects of her individual powers are emotionally-controlled such as her telekinesis being fueled by her calmness (once demonstrated in her sleep), her bravery employing her offensive spells, her depressed and non-confident moments occasionally block her powers, and when she is scared or panicky she deploys defensive spells. She is considered one of the strongest and most powerful fairies in existence as her power is derived from the Great Dragon's Flame itself. She is also able to freely share her powers with other living beings. She has been shown to have empathetic abilities like seeing people's true natures. She also has a mental connection with her elder sister Daphne which is only shown while she was in her spirit form (after Daphne regained her body this connection was most likely unnecessary). Daphne is able to contact Bloom, usually in her sleep as a dream but sometimes she appears to her in a vision (as shown in Season 5). Bloom was also able to sense Valtor whose power was of the same nature. Aside from her empathic powers, Bloom like all fairies and witches can sense different magic trails but on a much stronger level as she is able to bypass cloaking spells along with being of very few beings in the entire magic universe capable of sensing across other magic dimensions. This sensory power includes the very life force of magical creatures as she was able to sense that the pixies were in another dimension despite not being able to sense their magic alone. She also displays the ability to project her spiritual flame into the minds of others allowing her to sense their essence but at the risk of her physical body being harmed.
- Bloom's name is possibly a reference to the fact that she discovers her powers and starts blooming from a normal human girl into a fairy, while the other fairies already knew about their powers and what they would become since they were kids. In that sense, she is a "late bloomer."
- Despite the age difference, Bloom's original sketch is relatively the same as today.
- She was the one who came up with the name "Winx Club."
- This is further explained Issue 3 of the Winx Club Comic Series, as Bloom was inspired by some passing butterflies and their wings. Originally, the name was going to be "Wings Club" as proposed by Stella, but then Bloom drew in butterfly wings at the end in place of the "g" and "s" to resemble an "x" to keep the butterfly theme; creating the name "Winx."
- This is also referenced in the World of Winx episode "Stylist Wanted" when Stella decides to give their new power the name "Dreamix."
- In the original version, Bloom is the third youngest of the group, after Tecna (second youngest) and Roxy (youngest).
- Bloom is an artist like Helia.
- In an early and outdated character bio, Bloom's surname was suggested to be Peters. (Tecna's bio from the same time also had an inaccuracy, saying that she was half-android.) Peters may be her adoptive parents' surname.
- Eventually, the surname ended up becoming Bloom and her adoptive parents' last names in Fate: The Winx Saga.
- Bloom's opposite is Icy as Bloom is warm and compassionate while Icy is cold and cruel. This is better reflected in each of their powers: Bloom's fire to Icy's ice.
- This still holds up somewhat in 4Kids canon as, in one promo for the show, it is said that Icy's powers come from dead planets while Bloom still retains the Dragon's Flame: the fire responsible for all magical life.
- According to Darkar in the Cinélume version, she is the natural consort of Darkar as Dark Bloom possesses the power of the Dragon's Flame and the Phoenix possesses the Shadow Fire, the complete opposite of the Dragon's Flame.
- Bloom tends to be seen together with Stella and Flora more than the other girls, especially in Winx products.
- Bloom, so far, has the second most episode appearances, after Stella, including a cameo.
- However, Bloom is seen the most out of all the other Winx.
- She is the only Winx whose Season 1 civilian outfit has been seen in the new animation style.
- Both Daphne and Bloom had their power stolen by a villain and with the help of each other they got both their confidences and power back
- In "The Witches' Downfall", Daphne helps Bloom regain her confidence and power which was stolen by the Trix in which they thought that they took the Dragon's Flame and Bloom's power was lost, forever.
- In "Inspiration of Sirenix", Bloom and the Winx help Daphne regain her power and confidence back since Tritannus and the Trix stole it.
- In "Professor Avalon's Secret," Bloom states her favorite color is purple.
- She is the only Winx girl whose Charmix spells are all unnamed. In fact, she uses them the least of the Winx.
- She is the first Winx to turn evil as shown in Season 2.
- The second one was Roxy in "Nebula" when she was possessed by Nebula.
- The third one was Tecna as shown in "The Sirenix Book" when she was turned into a robot.
- The fourth was Musa as shown in "Secret of the Ruby Reef" when she was turned into a monster by Tritannus.
- The fifth was Stella as shown in "Queen for a Day".
- Bloom is one of the four fairies who did not receive their Enchantix in their own realm, though she earned it by saving her realm itself.
- Musa received her Enchantix at Alfea (though she earned her Enchantix by saving the Princess of her realm).
- Tecna received her Enchantix on Andros.
- Stella received her Enchantix on Eraklyon (though she earned her Enchantix by saving her father.)
- Both Bloom and Flora have siblings, making them the only two Winx members to have them. Bloom has Daphne and Flora has Miele.
- She has the most associated pets among the Winx.
- Until Roxy was introduced in the show, Bloom was the only Winx girl whose name did not end with "a".
- Sky and Bloom are the only ones to have known exes (Diaspro and Andy respectively).
- Just like Roxy can sense when Morgana is in danger, Bloom can sense when Daphne is in danger. It might be possible that magical characters can sense when their family members are in danger.
- Bloom and Flora are the most feminine of the Winx in their fairy forms. This is more evident by the fact they wear skirts, dresses, and feminine footwear in most of their transformations.
- She is the Winx member to have the most Lovix spells, which are four: Ice Flame, Ice Wall, Frozen Dart and Dragon Fire.
- Bloom was the last to bond with a Selkie and a Fairy Animal in the series.
- Bloom's Nickelodeon voice actress, Molly C. Quinn, also voices Lockette in Season 6.
- Bloom is the only Winx not to earn her Bloomix in "Bloomix Power" or "The Golden Auditorium".
- Bloom had many times where she tried to quit and leave Alfea to go back to her adoptive home in Gardenia which it shows in Seasons 1 and 3 (both mainly about Sky and Diaspro, with the latter unintentionally causing a rift then purposely causing it), and 6 (for realizing that she helped Selina by putting Flora in danger).
- Bloom had her orange hair changed into different shades of red in her Bloomix and Mythix forms.
- Bloom resembles Delores.
- She and Stella are the only Winx to have a sleeveless uniform in Season 7.
- In World of Winx, Bloom's DuArt voice actress, Haven Paschall, also plays the role of the Narrator.
- Bloom has experienced up to two comic-exclusive romances and is tied with Aisha over it.
- Her romance with Adrian only lasted for one issue, Issue 44, and it never became more than a mutual romantic interest.
- Her relationship with Jordan lasted for up to two issues (Issues 74 and 75) as she decides to date him after Sky calls off their relationship.
- She loves reading, especially books about magic, and she like making lots of cakes, and huge pizzas that she can eat together with her girlfriends.
- As revealed in "Peter Pan's Son", Bloom's weakness is the fear of being alone.
- She is the only character in World of Winx to break the 4th wall as she froze time and spoke directly to the audience on several occasions.
- Bloom is the only member of the Winx whose special Onyrix Power goes unused throughout the second season of World of Winx.
- Along with Stella, Bloom is one of the two Winx members to have her signature color (and sometimes pink) in every of her transformation.
- Onyrix is her first transformation in which she wears plum.
- As revealed in "Peter Pan's Son", Bloom also writes the lyrics for the band.
- Bloom's first DuArt voice actor, Haven Paschall, also voices Bea from Regal Academy, which is also another show created by Rainbow.
- In some couture artworks and the recent Winx dolls, people frequently mistake Bloom for Flora and vice-versa as the two look fairly similar at first glance.