"Bite my shiny metal ass!" ― Bender's catchphrase
Bender Bending Rodriguez, or simply Bender, is one of the protagonists of the Fox/Comedy Central animated series Futurama. He is a foul-mouthed, curmudgeonly robot who works for he Planet Express Delivery Company in the year 3000.
He is voiced by John DiMaggio.
Why He Rocks
- His catchphrases, "Bite my shiny metal ass!" and "Kill all humans!" remain some of the most iconic lines on the show and remain some of the funniest as well.
- He is Futurama's breakout character and arguably the best one as well as he remains one of the most well-known and iconic Comic Reliefs in all of Animation.
- His unapologetic vulgarity and selfishness is hilarious and so is his addiction to alcohol.
- Despite the abovementioned selfishness and hatred of humans, he takes Fry in when the aforementioned human wakes up in the future and becomes his best friend and roommate
- While he would never admit it, he genuinely cares for Fry
- He is the subject of many Internet memes
- He appeared in an episode of The Simpsons, "Simpsorama".
- Deep down, while he is a rude character, he shows sympathy and not only cares for Fry but cares for the other characters as well.
The Only Bad Quality
- While his jerk-ass attitude is funny, he can come off as rude or very unlikable.