Barney is a purple and green anthropomorphic Tyrannosaurus rex who conveys educational messages through songs and small dance routines with a friendly, silly and optimistic attitude. in stuffed animal likeness, who comes to life through a child's imagination. His theme song is "Barney is a Dinosaur", whose tune is based on "Yankee Doodle". Barney often quotes things as being "Super dee-duper". This will focus on when he used to be good in the first 2 seasons.
Why He Used To Rock
- He had a good optimistic attitude, and always cares about his friends, especially BJ, Baby Bop. & Riff
- He gave out nice educational messages to children, and he was an appealing role model.
- He had nice singing, particularly when he sings I Love You.
- Good performing when he did his live-action on stage shows to perform for children.
- Adorable Costume, that makes Barney look really charming and make him the friendly dinosaur he is.
The Only Bad Qualities
- There are certain people who dislike Barney due to his irritatingly cheerful personality and his smarmy, also because of his constant laughing and singing becoming repetitive at times, and being annoying sometimes such as singing "I Love You" at times, but doesn't mean he's bad, it’s just some flaws he has like many other good characters.
- He was horribly flanderized when the show went downhill since season 3, which basically ruined his charming characterization.