Applejack is a female Earth pony and one of the main characters of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. She lives and works at Sweet Apple Acres with her grandmother Granny Smith, her older brother Big McIntosh, her younger sister Apple Bloom, and her dog Winona. She represents the element of honesty.
Why She's Great
- She is the Element of Honestly, and portrays it very well, using her element to solve certain situations, especially conflicts between her friends.
- She is brave, strong, mature and hard-working.
- She truly learns her lesson and carries her morals through every episode.
- She is determined to make the ponies around her happy and carry good memories.
- She is not afraid to get dirty and messy.
- She is a good-natured pony and quite hard to offend.
- Applejack is often shown to be one of the more empathetic members of the main cast, putting the needs and feelings of others before her own.
- Applejack possesses incredible physical strength due to, as she explains in Fall Weather Friends, years of applebucking, the practice of harvesting apple trees by kicking them to knock the apples down.
- Applejack possesses extraordinary athletic abilities.
- She is also impeccable at cooking.
- She is often very stubborn and once refused Twilight's help time and time again.
- She holds quite a distasteful dislike to anything to do with fashion.
- Sometimes she can be to brutally honest, like in Rarity Takes Manehatten when she says Rarity was "pretty rotten", acting proud of what she said after.
- On the contrary, although being the Element of Honesty, she is shown to lie most of the time, like in The Last Roundup when she avoids telling the truth about why she didn't come back to Ponyville.