Android 18 (人造人間１８号 Jinzōningen Jū Hachi-Gō, lit. "Artificial Human No. 18") is the twin sister of Android 17 and Dr. Gero's eighteenth android creation, designed to serve Gero's vendetta against Goku. During the events of Dragon Ball Z's Cell Games Saga, she is reformed and becomes one of the show's protagonists.
Why She Rocks
- She is one of the few badass female characters in Dragon Ball, and even goes through major character development.
- Like her brother, Android 18 usually displays a cool and confident character, especially in battle, although her sarcastic humor is the most striking trait of her personality.
- Although she isn't characterized for this, 18 can be very curious if she is really interested in something, to the point of activating her comrade Android 16, and wondering what present she will give to her husband Krillin during a dispute over a wish with the others using the Dragon Balls.
- She often expresses herself in her cool and downplayed manner well into her marriage with Krillin, often smiling in a somewhat subdued fashion that conveys her very laid back personality.
- She is also shown to be rather prideful, though not to the same extent as her brother had been during the Imperfect Cell Saga.
- Despite her demeanor, she exhibits some sensitivity and even has a protective side, especially towards 17, Krillin and their daughter Marron.
- By the time of Dragon Ball Super, Android 18 is shown to have become kinder and more compassionate, is often seen smiling and closer to Krillin and Marron than before.
- 18's sense of humor is not always tactful, as she jokingly expressed to Future Trunks that she wanted reimbursement for him killing her alternate universe counterpart, much to Future Trunks' displeasure.
- As an older sister and delinquent, and later as a wife and martial artist, Android 18 is shown to be outwardly commanding,