Abu is a major character in Disney's 1992 animated feature film, Aladdin. He is a mischievous, kleptomaniacal monkey and Aladdin's loyal partner-in-crime. He is voiced by Frank Welker.
Why He Rocks
- He is very loyal towards his owner; Aladdin, and helps him out on some of his adventures.
- He makes adorable monkey sounds.
- His design is great and cute.
- He saves Aladdin's life from getting stabbed by Jafar when trying to escape the Cave of Wonders.
- He is also a talented kleptomaniac, with unshakable urges to steal whatever catches his interests.
- While he might be greedy, he still has a soft spot like when he gives his bread to two starving children.
- He is also very funny and contributes to some of the film and show's funniest moments along with Genie and Iago.
- He received a lot of character development on the TV series he serves as a voice of reason towards Iago and becomes less sneaky.
- Speaking of Iago, he and Iago have a great chemistry/relationship with each other.
- He is a little selfish and temperamental.
- He sometimes can’t control his greed since it was his fault that he and Aladdin were trapped in the Cave of Wonders because he wanted to steal an emerald.